Having decided to stay at least another day in Wanaka we have a lie in. When I poke my nose through the curtain I realise the bloody sun is shining again. Will it never end!
We drive into town and peruse the shops before stopping in a Speights pub (like a Wetherspoons) for lunch. Pork belly burger - delicious.
We go for a walk along the side of Lake Wanaka for a couple of miles past the posh houses - all Grand Design with balcony and views of the lake and mountains.
Perfect!
Returning to the van we head down to the beach for a swim. The water is cold but not too cold. Even I manage to get fully wet.
After searching for a supermarket and picking a locked drawer off the floor of the van we take a drive up the valley to view the scenery from a different angle.
It is just as impressive.
No comments:
Post a Comment